Will GTK be used in Openmoko?

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Tue May 20 19:45:13 CEST 2008

Marc Bantle wrote:
> I am aware that communicating decisions still is a challenging
> task and can easily leave some parties disaffected, once an
> organization has reached a certain size. So, no flame here.

Marc,

Very well put. I think this is the best way to read these events. No
intentional hiding of facts, no secret decisions. Just simply "how can
we make this work in the least amount of time with the greatest chance
of success".

Communication is always a difficulty in any organization, and we are
very spread out geographically. Additionally, we have an extremely
strong policy of conducting as much of our communication as possible on
the public lists. As a result you will sometimes learn of things at the
same time that we Openmoko employees do.

This is a feature of our openness policy, and not a bug in our
communication policy.

Michael