ASU software - pre-pre-release impressions

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Tue May 20 21:02:02 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:05:13PM +0200, Bastian Muck wrote:

> Ian Darwin schrieb:
> | I'd still very much like to see a way to turn it off, so it works the
> | same for letters as for numbers. It's annoying 90% of the time because
> | most of the person or street names I need to enter into Contacts are not
> | going to be listed.  I promise not to write my next 850-page book on my
> | Neo, so word lookup is of limited use.  I suspect that Contacts, Todo
> | and Calendar is the most common use case for most people, and that
> | writing normal text is the least common for most people.
>
> I think I will write further more SMS than saving contacts. And the
> texts in calendar are not this long, at least in mine.

OK, so there are some for whom text is more common. Variety is good.
All the more reason to provide an enable/disable gui control for it.

Amusing that I skipped SMS because I hardly use it from my handheld,
since I almost always travel with a notebook computer, and even
compared to a cell phone with a physical keyboard (like my
already-mentioned 5-year-old Blackberry) it's just so much easier
to send mail/sms from a full-sized keyboard).

Cheers
Ian Darwin