[Announcement] MokoMakefile updated for switch to git

Tom Cooksey thomas.cooksey at trolltech.com
Wed May 21 12:42:39 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 10:19:49 Rod Whitby wrote:
> Holger Freyther wrote:
> > To unify our tools we have reduced the number of SCMs to learn from three to
> > two. This means we only use subversion and git for now. I have moved the
> > Openembedded metadata from monotone to git.
> > An updated MokoMakefile will, thanks to Rod, follow shortly.
>
> MokoMakefile has been updated, tested by a couple of people, and now
> published.

I'm trying to build from scratch and get the following:

"( cd openembedded && git checkout org.openmoko.april-update )
error: pathspec 'org.openmoko.april-update' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Did you forget to 'git add'?"

I think you need an extra step in there between git clone & git checkout, to create a
local git branch which tracks the origin's branch, something like this:

git branch --track ${OM_GIT_BRANCH} origin/${OM_GIT_BRANCH}

Then the git checkout will refer to a local branch. I think you'll probably need something
similar for bitbake - it works at the moment by fluke. :-)

This is working for me anyway (so far!).

Cheers,

Tom