[Announcement] MokoMakefile updated for switch to git

Tom Cooksey thomas.cooksey at trolltech.com
Wed May 21 13:36:02 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 13:13:33 Roland Häder wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21. May 2008, Tom Cooksey wrote:

> > > MokoMakefile has been updated, tested by a couple of people, and now
> > > published.
> >
> > I'm trying to build from scratch and get the following:
> >
> > "( cd openembedded && git checkout org.openmoko.april-update )
> > error: pathspec 'org.openmoko.april-update' did not match any file(s) known
> > to git. Did you forget to 'git add'?"
> I got the same error message here. Something seems to be missing (I'm not
> familar with git).
>
> Roland

Edit the Makefile and around line ~83, make it look like this:

setup-openembedded stamps/openembedded:
        ( [ -e stamps/openembedded ] && \
          [ -e openembedded/.git ] ) || \
        ( git clone -n git://${OM_GIT_SITE}/git/openmoko.git openembedded )
        ( cd openembedded && git branch --track ${OM_GIT_BRANCH} origin/${OM_GIT_BRANCH} )
        ( cd openembedded && git checkout ${OM_GIT_BRANCH} )
        [ -d stamps ] || mkdir stamps
        touch stamps/openembedded

The only difference is the "git branch" line, so you can just add that in the right place.
My build's still going, but hasn't messed up yet. Certainly all the git related stuff has
worked.

PS: Thanks to switching to git... at least I can figure out failures by myself now!