ASU: Qtopia PIM info stored in sqlite database (includes preliminary scripts)

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Fri May 23 03:36:39 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:
> On Thursday 22 May 2008 08:03, community-request at lists.openmoko.org wrote:
>>> Qtopia contacts are stored in the sqlite database.
>> Thanks for the info Lorn. Can you tell where the sqlite database is
>> stored or is that not Qtopia determined?
>
> The users database is /home/<user>/Applications/Qtopia/qtopia_db.sqlite

Thanks for the update, Lorn.

For some reason on OpenMoko they are stored in /Applications.

Here are preliminary client-side scripts to backup and restore the
Contacts database. There is at least one other sqlite database that
might need to be copied, so use with care... All I can say is that they
worked for me, restoring my contacts to a newly-reflashed rootfs.

backup_openmoko_contacts:
#!/bin/sh

scp phone2:/Applications/Qtopia/qtopia_db.sqlite ~/openmoko/

restore_openmoko_contacts
#!/bin/sh

scp ~/openmoko/qtopia_db.sqlite phone2:/Applications/Qtopia/

I further do not know what happens if you run the restore script while
the apps are running; I ran the restore during boot, as soon as sshd
started up, before running any of the main apps. Use at own risk!!