Video of production device?

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Fri May 23 18:18:57 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:08 AM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
<mail at 3v1n0.net> wrote:
> Vinc Duran wrote:
>>
>> Is there video of the production FreeRunner in use? I found
>> http://illume.projects.openmoko.org/illume-vv-01.avi posted by Kevin
>> Dean on May 19th. Is that video of shipping software or just a concept
>> video?
>
> That's a video about a first Illume implementation by Rasterman, it has been
> posted on illume project page [1] some months ago.

Illume works. It's real code that you can download and compile
yourself. ;) There have been changes, of course, and the real thing
doesn't appear as "polished" as that video does but this is still
relatively new in terms of being functional.

>> It would be great if Ian or someone with a production unit could video
>> typical usage of the three main ready applications. Dialer, contacts,
>> and sms if I remember.
>
> I agree!
> Anwyway also few screenshots on scap.linuxtogo.org would be enough for me
> :P.

I poked around briefly yesterday and didn't see a way in ASU to take
screenshots. (I did discover one of my neighbors has an unsecured wifi
access point) so for the time being I'll have to either make bad
quality video or find out what screenshot app is on the 2007.2 images
and install that.