QT/GTK madness

Robert Taylor robtaylor at tinsputnik.com
Sat May 24 02:43:58 CEST 2008

elektrolott wrote:
> I really don't understand you people.
> Instead of being happy that FIC sells their phones ......
I just want to second this post and second Ivo Anjo's post as well.

My thanks to all the Moko project folks, FIC and Trolltech as well.

You guys are putting up with unwarranted criticism, just hunker down and
keep up the good work.  I know where I'm spending my money.  You can't
buy freedom --- oh wait, YOU CAN NOW!

Hey, on a side note, here is an inspiring link to a site from the
#htc-linux channel on freenode - they hack linux onto HTC phones:

http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HTC_2dPhones

They have managed to some great work getting linux on those WINCE
devices.  HTC really has some daring and fun form factors there ...
hopefully it gets us thinking about what is possible and how far we can
take the project in terms of the form factor designs.  The really great
thing about the moko is that it is a hardware and software platform and
we should be able to morph it to do all sorts of interesting things.

If anyone at FIC or the OpenMoko project is listening, devices with a
foldout keyboard would really be handy - perhaps in a future version
(we'd love to kick blackberries to the curb, my god do the suck donkey
balls)?  For the time being I'll probably try to get my hands on a
Universal HTC device and see if I can fit/maim the guts of a Freerunner
into one :)

I suspect the biggest challenge might be the keyboard on that thing, the
rest will meet MR.DUCTTAPE.

- Robert