SyncML on Freerunner

Samuel Melrose sam at feel-the-darkness.co.uk
Tue May 27 10:02:13 CEST 2008

Hey Marco,
I am currently part of a project that is trying to get a sync service
running on the OpenMoko platform... It is only in planning stages so
far, but the server side is going to be started soon, and then when I
can get the emulator running, we will start developing the client for
the phone.
Have actually JUST taken a look at the SyncML specification, and it
looks very good, and could save a lot of time, as it already
implements a lot. But would still have to write the server side and
authentication from scratch to support encryption on the server side
without problem to the user. And also maybe extend the protocol to
support some more features the community asked for when it was being
discussed.

Is there anyone that is really interested in this?
GPL + Hosted version....
If this is what people want of course?

Thanks very much,
Samuel Melrose