Any Stats on Battery life....

Georg Michelitsch gm_ail at gmx.at
Wed May 28 11:38:18 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote on 05/28/2008 12:49 AM:
> Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>> Finally I've found something!
>>
>> Einstein from freeyourphone.de got a Freerunner and started a very
>> good report [1]
>
> Just to notify: Einstein has updated his post [1] with a battery test
> done using the mwester suspend-enabled kernel [2] and, if I've
> understood well (I don't speak German, if someone could help [also
> translating his reports]...), he got about 12hours of use.
> He doesn't specify what has done, but I figure a standard daily use...
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/55tt3h
> [2] http://moko.mwester.net/

I haven't got enough time today to translate every of his posts but I'll
do it for the last one ;) Sorry for my quite "rusty" english, has
already been some time that I've translated something ;)

27.05.2008
Hello alltogether,
yesterday at night I flashed a new kernel image to the Freerunner, which
should support some kind of suspend mode. Unfortunately it doesn't work
with the ASU Image, so I had to put back the Openmoko Image I had
before. It's looking good by now. Now 6,5 hours passed and the battery
is showing halftime! I'm anxious to how long it will last in the end!
Concerning the suspend mode, I'm not sure if the Freerunner will go into
this mode, but the display is totally shut off. Before it has only been
very dimmed, but at night you could see that it has been on.
Also positive is, that at an incoming call the display lightens up and
shows the dialer, so you won't miss the right button :)

Okay, I've returned tonight 12 hours later and the Freerunner's battery
wasn't fully drained yet. The battery indicator was very low but it was
running. This gives more than 12 hours of lifetime. All this has been
possible thanks to the kernel images from here: http://moko.mwester.net/
Though I think, that the CPU has not been clocked down and so on.. I'll
try out another more detailed lifetime-test - something like constant
telephony up the bitter end ;)

cu,
Georg