Car Mode Application...

Staley, Daniel L dlstal2 at uky.edu
Wed May 28 16:11:05 CEST 2008

Bluetooth headset is not bad.  It's certainly still useable.
Hmmm....so it isnt advised to use the headset jack and the external speakers at the same time....I'm wondering, do all sounds get routed to the headset device when it is plugged in?  If it doesnt do this, surely we can configure pulseaudio to?

As for the FM transmitter, I was just going have something like this: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&q=FM+transmitter&um=1&cid=8369282666750210988

So ideally, I'm going to have the car charger plugged into the usb port, the FM transmitter plugged into the headphone jack, a GPS antenna connected to the antenna port, and a bluetooth headset paired with it via bluetooth.  Haha!

It's good to hear there are no feasable problems initially.  I'm finishing up a different project I'm working on right now, and will start drawing up code flow diagrams etc soon.

One question I still have though: Is it possible to catch the incoming call signal from the GSM modem before the dialer app gets it, and handle all the call stuff in my app?  Will I need to rework all of the call taking code?  Or is there an interface into the current call taking code that I can talk to, possibly over dbus?

-Dan Staley