A disturbance in the force?

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Wed May 28 18:30:50 CEST 2008

Once today, while my FreeRunner was plugged in on USB, I tapped the
screen to wake it up, and it came up, but all the pixels in text were
jiggly, as though the screen were being refreshed at the wrong rate.
When I called up the qwerty keyboard, it appeared quite scrambled.
Sadly I didn't have a video camera trained on it at the time, and by the
time I whipped out my pocket video camera, it had gone into suspend
mode; when I hit the power button to awaken it, the problem was gone!

I know it's not my eyesight :-) This really happened. But only once.

I'll make sure I have the video camera handy in case it comes back,
although, recording a 640x480 video of the freerunner will be pretty
grainy and probably won't accurately show the problem (due to things
like refresh rates)... Sigh.