3G USB Dongle (was Re: Neo as cellular modem?)

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed May 28 19:04:40 CEST 2008

Am Mi  28. Mai 2008 schrieb Brad Midgley:
> Joerg
>
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:30 AM, Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>
wrote:
> > Am Mi  28. Mai 2008 schrieb Brad Midgley:
> >> i think it may still be up in the air
>
> > Nope it's not, see Y-cable in wiki. Should work perfectly. You just have
> > find the 5pin-mini-USB-plug to DIY one.
>
> is EN_USBHOST is deasserted by the system automatically now? I'll
> update the section in
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GTA02_Hardware if it is.

No idea, it's a driver issue. On detection of 47k device is switching to
fastcharge, which I think is actually working. Also it should activate
LOGICAL hostmode for USB-controller same time (NOT asserting EN_USBHOST!),
which is needed for Y-Cable and doesn't hurt charger. I don't have the
slightest idea whether this already is in kernel or not.

Andy?

/jOERG