USB power direction in host mode (was: Re: 3G USB Dongle (was Re: Neo as cellular modem?))

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Thu May 29 03:23:44 CEST 2008

Michael

> Question:
> Is it possible to charge the Neo Freerunner when using the USB port in host
> mode, by ascerting LOGICAL hostmode and by NOT asserting EN_USBHOST?

It's not just related, it goes to the core of the issue. :)

Joerg assured us that we can do this. When the 47k resistor is
present, EN_USBHOST will be disabled so power will be coming in from
the outside on usb +5 to charge the battery and power the usb client,
and neo's usb will be in host mode.

--
Brad