2.5mm or 3.5mm

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:49:34 CEST 2008

2008/5/30 Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>:
> B) classic 3.5mm headphones "Walkman(R)" connector, where you have to DIY an
> adapter for any standard cellphone headset? (or does anybody know of 3.5mm
> headSET standards or adapters?)

Definitely 3.5mm. If I'd use a headset, I'd use a Bluetooth one
anyway, but for music listening I'd like to be able to use my own
headphones without adapters. Regarding 3.5mm headset standards, N800
Internet Tablet seems to have one (stereo sound + mic), but it's
probably not a "standard" (it says "Nokia AV connector 3.5mm" in the
specs).

That said, somehow hardware assisting Ogg Vorbis decoding would also
be beneficial wrt battery life and Neo music player usage.

-Timo