using the openmoko neo101 in mass storage mode

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Fri May 30 12:49:48 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 10:09 am, Andy Green wrote:

> ~ But not mass storage: this operates in block mode and requires complete
> ownership of the storage by the host then (since if we have it mounted
> too, we will write conflicting things to directory structures, etc).

Could we emulate a block device, so that Windows thinks it has sole
ownership of a USB block device with a FAT32 FS on it, but for every block
access call it makes we intercept the call, figure out what file windows
is trying to read or write to, make the corresponding change to our local
files (on and ext3 volume), and return emulated results back to windows.

I dare say windows would get confused if I file it had cached got changed
by Linux, but the user could probably put up with that.

--
David Pottage

Error compiling committee.c To many arguments to function.