2.5mm or 3.5mm

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri May 30 20:34:37 CEST 2008

Am Fr  30. Mai 2008 schrieb Mike Montour:
> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
>
> > B) classic 3.5mm headphones "Walkman(R)" connector, where you have to DIY
an
> > adapter for any standard cellphone headset? (or does anybody know of 3.5mm
> > headSET standards or adapters?)
>
> This one, but with a 4-pin (stereo+mic) format that's compatible with at
> least 1 major vendor (so that "DIY" means "buy an adapter from a web
> store" rather than "fire up the soldering iron").
>
> See for example:
> http://www.meritline.com/earphone-adapter-iphone-into-3-5mm-mic-038.html

This one is completely off topic. I'm talking about STEREO headSET(=with mic),
which usually commes with 2.5mm.
We are planning to use a 3.5mm 4-ring connector, that complies with usual
3-ring headPHONES(=w/o mic), and I didn't see an adapter
3.5/4wire-male->2.5-4w-receptacle yet. So you probably have to DIY, to
use "standard" headSETs with future OM devices. But you get benefit of
plug-and-play for classic "Walkman(R)"-headPHONES.
BTW: audio quality and versatility of this connector will be vastly improved,
if it pans out right.

/j