Freerunner test

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Sat May 31 00:38:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM, ian douglas <ian.douglas at iandouglas.com> wrote:
> Yorick Matthys wrote:
>>
>> I don't know how to post on the mailing list (shame on me, I know...)
>> although i read every mail that gets posted on them, so I write it directly
>> to your e-mail address.
>
> If you're subscribed to the mailing list, just address messages to
> community at lists.openmoko.org and everyone will get a copy.
>
>> could you also give an indication for how long it takes to get a gps fix
>> (cold/warm start) ? Or about the audio quality with a standard headset?
>> I understand completely if you can't be bothered with these questions, if
>> so, please excuse me; it's just I'm so damn anxious to get my hands on a
>>  freerunner :-).
>

> I haven't done any audio or GPS tests on my Freerunner yet. Have any of the
> other Freerunner testers done anything in this regard?

Unscientific testing, yes. The echo is still there. :) I'm getting
annoying GSM buzz on the Freerunner when using certain SIM cards (I
need to confirm this with more SIM cards). It sounds as if the
Freerunner has the capability to be louder but calls seem quieter
(though this is configurable).

I've done nothing with GPS since the ASU doesn't have a functional GPS
app yet but I might poke at it with a 2007.02 image and TangoGPS this
weekend.