DOOM For Neo Freerunner / 1973

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Sun Nov 2 15:17:44 CET 2008

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 12:40:05 +0100
Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> (FM) wrote:

>Pander wrote:
>>> same here.
>>> i have been googling for free or shareware iwad file but no luck...
>>> there should be one coming with the deb packaged doom... or not?
>>
>> Here are some doom wad files:
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/all/doom-wad-shareware/filelist
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/all/freedoom/filelist
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/i386/prboom/filelist
>
>Or you can just download the original shareware version from
>ID-Software which contains the shareware wad file. You just have to
>extract the files within the archive with the included deice.exe and
>get doom1.wad. ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/doom/doom19s.zip
>
>Ciao,
>     Rainer

ok, as i have no mswindows i couldn't extract this so i downloaded
the doom-wad-shareware debian package and scp'd the wads into my FR.
Doom now starts, although no sound is present:

I_Init: Setting up machine state.
I_InitSound: couldn't open audio with desired format
S_Init: Setting up sound.
S_Init: default sfx volume 2
HU_Init: Setting up heads up display.

i got the game going. great! :)

it's quite responsive, no problem, the only thing that needs a bit of
getting used to us the screen and accelerators. Perhaps we need to
xrandr it the other way? it feels like the screen is not calibrated
now... but this is minor already.

great job, thank you!

--
Petr Vaněk