[debian] Shutting down Debian

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Nov 2 18:03:59 CET 2008

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:07:48 +0100, Paul <paul at nlpagan.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> What would be the cleanest way to shut down debian on the FR?
> I have XFCE panel running. Clicking the 'lock' only allows me to log
> out, leaving me at a login prompt. Keeping down the power button will
> cast an init 5 so it reboots. I'd need an init 6 though...
>
> Paul

i am fiddling with the same issue right now and found
> http://wiki.xfce.org/faq#session_manager

not sure about the group, though. power and shutdown ar no default groups
in debian.
and there's
/usr/share/doc/xfce4-session/README.Debian
(there should be some hint upon installation, that there is additional
information available)
which proposes powerdev as group (although it is neither created nor
hinted to).