new numptyphysics for freerunner is out

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Mon Nov 3 15:29:03 CET 2008

Am Montag, den 03.11.2008, 15:07 +0200 schrieb Aapo Rantalainen:
> Hi all, Numptyphysics, this great physics drawing game, is reborn!
> (
> There are not yet new upstream release, but there are lots of new
> things in svn-repository. So we can now play numptyphysics0.2-svn109
> on our Freerunners. (Tested with Debian and Fdom).
> upstream news:  (
> -newer physics engine (Box2d v2.0.1
> -scalable window with commandline parameters (so every platfrom will
> use same datafiles)
> -faster drawing
> -more levels
> -action replays
> port news:  ( )
> -onSceenKeyboard (control-panel)
> -action replays removed (doesn't yet work correct with freerunner)
> -NextLevel-dialog-overlay is non-draggable (so clicking it is easier)
> Summa summarum:
> Game can be played landscaped, without keyboard and it uses same
> datafiles than any other numptyphysics-port.

are there plans to merge these changes to upstream Numptypythings
somehow (e.g. by somehow detecting if the input method is a graphics
tablet/touchscreen)? If not, what would be an appropriate package name
of your port for Debian (where the “regular” numptyphysics might end up
some day as well). Maybe numptyphysics-keyboardless?

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |