[QT Extended] Observersation on QtE 4.4.2
photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:40:04 CET 2008
I've been trying out QT Extended 4.4.2 for a few days now, and I thought I'd
share my observations so far:
- Stability seems better than I originally thought - After my one
experience seeing it not wake up from suspend on a call, I haven't noticed
any other issues - I've received a fair number of calls and sms's, and the
phone has always woken up.
- The biggest issue for me atm is that I don't get an audible ring tone
for either calls or sms messages - This is a regression since QtE 4.4.1 -
any suggestions on how to resolve it would be very welcome.
- I've missed one un-expected phone call because by the time I noticed the
vibration and got the phone out of my pocket, all I saw was the dreaded
'view missed calls?'. However, I think this is more related to the lack of
an audible ring, rather than the problem I saw in OM2008.8 where by the time
the phone woke up from suspend the call had gone to voice mail. I was able
to sucessfully answer an unexpected call this morning, which I don't think
*ever* happened with OM2008.8
- Battery life is *much* improved over OM2008.8 - I went more than 24
hours without recharging and still had two bars of battery left.
There are a few minor issues I've noticed:
- the lack of an icon for the terminal in the apps list is annoying.
Does QT Extended provide a 'run' capability, which would allow a user to
directly enter an application to run?
- 4.4.1 provided 3 different appearance themes - but 4.4.2 only provides
1, and unfortunately it's not the one I preferred.
- speakerphone mode didn't work - I think this is also a regression from
Even with the various annoyances and regressions, QT Extended is the closest
I've seen so far to making my OM usable as a daily phone.
I haven't seen the behaviour I saw once with OM2008.8 and once with 4.4.1
where the phone gets into a strange state where it can no longer make or
recieve calls - we'll see if I bump into that one eventually or not...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the community