new numptyphysics for freerunner is out

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at
Wed Nov 5 15:37:27 CET 2008

Thanks for feedbacks.

> are there plans to merge these changes to upstream Numptypythings
I have discussed a lot of with upstream, they know what I'm doing
(newer engine and scalable window are from my feature request and
partly from my code). OnScreenKeyboard can now be toggled ON/OFF with
keyboard, so next step is toggling it ON with commandline parameter.
(It needs some testing and polishing before it goes upstream)
So I think one package is enough.

>Would it be possible for the Open Embedded package maintainer to
>update it to use autotools and apply the patches developed here ?
I do not know anything about autotools and crosscompiling, so I will
be happy if someone take this project to part of some official system.

>- There are some crashes (i.e when drawing over the virtaul keyboard)
I can't produce this. If you can, start from terminal or ssh, so you
got error messages and send to me.

> - It's so much slower
This is under discussion in upstream. Meanwhile I dropped physics
iteration rate (like older fr-np version did).

>- The virtual keyboard is very hard to use.
I added some click-threshold. (Now it is same than used with hildon)

>Exec=xrandr -o 3 && numptyphysics -geometry 640x480; xrandr -o 0
I fixed .desktop-file.

-Aapo Rantalainen