[OM2008] Events/0 eats 30% -- Causing Doom to run slow.

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 8 12:32:16 CET 2008

Happened again today while I had time to play.  events/0 reached 60% at
times, though mostly 30% in top - I noticed it because I suddenly
realised the phone was getting noticeably hot in my pocket (visions of
those flaming laptops popped into my mind :) - oddly, the battery wasnt
any hotter than the rest of the phone, though the screen did seem so
(perhaps whatever is behind the screen?)

Started playing with the wireless (just running the connect/disconnect
scripts) and events/0 went back close to zero %.  Nice, but wireless
didnt work either and as its not modular it still needed a reboot.
Playing with iwconfig didnt help either.

I cant access the terminal where the iwconfig listing shows now, but the
odd setting was "Rate" - something like 63.5Mhz which is weird.  Trying
to change it using iwconfig did nothing (no error, no change), while I
could set the essid and channel.

reboot<CR>

BillK

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 13:02 +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> SCarlson <scottrcarlson at gmail.com> writes:
> > What is the remedy for this? Reboot? (Like MS-Windows?)..
>
> Don't use wifi :-)

Home in Perth!