Accelerometer in Java

Sudharshan S sudharsh at
Sat Nov 8 16:42:47 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindfors at>wrote:

> Sudharshan S <sudharsh at> writes:
> > I think, there are DBus bindings for java. So you could probably take a
> look
> > at the services offered by FSO for reading accelerometers output.
> Wouldn't that cause huge overhead? Reading 100 (or 400) events per
> second from two accelometers can not be smooth over dbus.

Agreed, but frameworkd doesn't send DBus signals continously. Instead it
gives accelerometer values on demand with a method call (which in fact opens
the device nodes and unpacks the values from the input_event struct). But
sending a DBus signal when the co-ordinates change would be awesome as it
removes the need for keep a fd open on our side.

Sudharshan S
Blog :
IRC  : Sup3rkiddo @ Freenode, Gimpnet