Openmoko chronology

Minh Ha Duong haduong at
Mon Nov 10 10:39:08 CET 2008

 I think openmoko-the-project was founded not by FIC but by a core team
comprising a handfull of german devs (Sean, I guess Harald, and others but
the "The original core team" page was deleted from the wiki on Sep. 2, 2008).
You could try to contact one of them for a 10mn phone interview.

If I may suggest an angle for your story, beyond listing software releases
(btw I would not count Qi in yet), what I find most fascinating is how a
small player can live and prosper in the middle of well entrenched giants.
They/we are heading straight towards Apple and Microsoft marketspace, on the
shoulders of FIC, with Nokia and Swisscom pushing to help, and Google playing
the game with a hidden hand too.

  Otherwise don't miss the "Dash Express" deal:
my guess is that was a key early success to the company.

  I also expect the significance of the Koolu deal to be clearer before the
end of the year (they must be NDAed to the ears), so if you have a 'future'
section in your talk, don't forget them.