[Qtextended] Bluetooth headset

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:40:24 CET 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:11 AM, Angus Ainslie <angus.ainslie at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I was testing the bluetooth connection today and realised that
>> once you use the installed script to switch bluetooth off, there is no
>> (known or easy) way to restart it except by rebooting the phone.  Any
>> feedback on how it behaves with suspend/resume?
>>

> You can restart it. It just doesn't look like its restarted. IIRC the power
> indicator in /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/power_on gets
> inverted after a suspend resume cycle.
>
> If lsusb shows the bluetooth device is there then it's powered on, the sys
> method isn't reliable.
>
> Hi,

Being tired of switching between the handset, speaker and headset states to
get rid of the echo, buzz and low volume problems, I finally bought a simple
Nokia BH 101 bluetooth headset.

I have been able to pair it with the FR, and can accept and disconnect calls
with its button.  There however was no audio, and on reading the log (and
checking /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios) I found that there was no
gsmbluetooth.state file installed.

I have copied a couple of files linked to on the wiki, but the audio refuses
to work.  Moreover, once the bluetooth headset is connected, I can't get
audio using any other state, and have resorted to rebooting the FR.

Any clue to what might be going wrong, and how to correct it? I use
Qtextended 4.4.2 (binary upgrade) with mwester's 3rd October kernel.