FreeRunner as Bluetooth GPS

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Tue Nov 11 00:14:41 CET 2008

On Monday 10 of November 2008 21:15:06 Angus Ainslie wrote:
> There have been instructions on the wiki [1] on how to use your FreeRunner
> as a bluetooth GPS. I wrote a script to simplify the process. To use it
> python, python-pygtk, gpsd and gps-utils need to be installed.
>
> http://handheldshell.com/software/BtGPS.py
> http://handheldshell.com/software/BtGPS.desktop
>
> To install directly on your FreeRunner:
>
> wget -O /usr/bin/BtGPS.py http://handheldshell.com/software/BtGPS.py
>
> wget -O /usr/share/applications/BtGPS.desktop
> http://handheldshell.com/software/BtGPS.desktop
>

> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GPS#Bluetooth_GPS_relay

Cool.

Unfortunatelly, I can't get it started for now. First there was issue
mentioned here https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?28400 and then this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/BtGPS.py", line 26, in <module>
    import subprocess
ImportError: No module named subprocess

which I don't thing I can fix without python recompilation. I'm using 2008.9
stable.

BTW: There is missing chmod +x /usr/bin/BtGPS.py in your installation steps.

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz