power-on without battery!

Tobias Diedrich ranma+openmoko at tdiedrich.de
Tue Nov 11 17:14:42 CET 2008

Christian Adams wrote:
> on booting the FR needs more than 100mA - and that's the limit as
> long as no system is running yet

I wonder if the processor will start up far enough that it would be
possible to negotiate more USB power in the bootloader.

Also, one thing I find rather annoying:
Why does the Freerunner have to power-on if I plug in the usb cable?
(Given that other side of the cable is already connected to
running computer)
I'd prefer having to push the power button even in that case.
If the reason is to negotiate more current for charging, I'd again
point to 'the bootloader should do that and then send the phone to
sleep'. :)

Just my 2 cents.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de