[QT Extended] Observersation on QtE 4.4.2

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 20:37:45 CET 2008

Well, I've been running QtE for a bit over a week now, and I wanted to give
kudos to Lorn and the QT team for making the FR something close to a usable
phone...     It's not perfect yet- I'm still using the original images, so I
don't have bluetooth working, and there are a few other gaps, but at least I
haven't missed any calls due to slow responsiveness.

I've been rebooting the phone every day or two, and perhaps that's why I
haven't yet seen the strange instablities I was seeing earlier with FDOM and
QtE 4.4.1 - but the basic phone functionality has been pretty reliable - I
used the phone on a short business trip, and aside from having to reboot to
get out of 'airplane' mode, it worked well.

QtE also has *way* better battery life than anything else I've tried - I can
go 36 hours or more without having to plug in the phone.

For the first time, I'm starting to feel like I can use my FR as a phone.

Of course, I haven't had time to install any interesting software on the
phone, get wifi or gprs working, get the gps working, or anything like that,
so things may get more interesting at that point - but I've gone more than a
week without feeling the need to put my Sim back in my old cell phone.

Warren