[Qt Extended] Mapping Demo (was Re: [FSO] Stability and other problems)

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Nov 13 03:47:20 CET 2008

----- "Cédric Berger" <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Though I fear Google Maps terms of use do not allow to cache their
> maps.

Hmm, I'd not heard about that, the legal information on
the Google site is the usual unclear legalese that, if
taken literally, could mean that any browser that caches
the images could infringe them (depending on which countries
data you are looking at).

http://www.google.com/help/legalnotices_maps.html

They've tried to summarise it here, but it's still not that
clear to me:

http://www.google.com/help/terms_maps.html

So probably the safest thing to do then is not use them.. :-(