[android] copy paste

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 19:52:08 CET 2008

Petr Vanek wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:53:52 +0000
> "Sam Kuper" <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> (SK)
> wrote:
>
>> 2008/11/13 Cédric Berger <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Is it possible to copy/paste in Android ?
>>
>> On my G1, some applications permit cut/copy/paste, but only - as far
>> as I can tell, within the app :(
>>

>>> If yes, is it possible do do it without keyboard ?
>>
>> The UI varies with the app. Some use the 'Menu' key to access this
>> functionality. Some use a long screenpress (a bit like Windows Mobile,
>> in case you've used that). Haven't had much time to explore this, as
>> only got my G1 yesterday (free upgrade from previous WinMo phone!).
>>

>>> And if copy/paste is possible, this means that we could use a
>>> software keyboard app to write text, copy it, then paste into another
>>> application text field... or not ?
>>
>> I don't know, but I really hope it's possible.
>>
>> Sam
>

> I could copy from say calculator into any other app. :) so it is
> possible!

I just tried this method for pairing with my bluetooth keyboard. I can
copy from the calculator, and paste into the bluetooth PIN dialog (you
see the numbers briefly before they are converted to circles) but the OK
button in the dialog is never enabled :-( Will have to try with the
debug connection some time.