Buzzing (was :The forbidden topic: Glamo OpenGL)

Torsten Sievers openmoko at torsten-sievers.de
Fri Nov 14 15:21:39 CET 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

i really appreciate the work you and all the OM-folks and the community does,
but:

> You say the current software is a 'joke', which is painful for me but
> I accept it. From where we all want to be it's a joke, yes. Agreed.

Well, for me, the software is not a joke. It's a little bit "special", but i
can mostly live with that, somehow and i accept it, knowing it is still
not "production ready".
What really is a joke and absolutly unacceptable for me is the Buzzing and
even more of a joke is the fact that the OM-folks doesn't recognize this as
an absolute 100% Showstopper for GTA02, 03 and whatever comes next. (by
Showstopper i mean the immediate stop of mass production until buzzing is
fixed)

Please go on and find the source and the solution of this Buzzing ASAP and
show us how we can fix it. It's your only chance to avoid theses Issues in
GTA03 and its successors.

As soon as this happens, much more guys will accept it as a (practially)
usable phone, more guys will contribute, more companys might recognize this
as a an attractive platform.

But as long as the GTA-Hardware doesn't match ANY 5$-Cellphone on ebay on its
very built purpose (to make and recieve a phonecall..) OM or Freerunner will
have very little chance of surving the Year of 2009.

So please fix this buzzing issue..

Greetings
  Torsten