"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at
Sat Nov 15 03:25:03 CET 2008

Johny Tenfinger wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 22:26, Chris Samuel <chris at> wrote:
>> I'm puzzled about this buzzing, is this something that the
>> other party only hears or are you hearing this yourself ?
>> I've never experienced a buzzing on my end of my phone
>> (GTA02, rev 5 I think, purchased July/August in the UK).
> I never experienced buzzing different from one in my Nokia 6230i with
> any software. I never experienced White Screen of Death. I experienced
> echo, but AT%N0187 works well. It seems that GTAs02v5 were lucky :)

Me too. The patch I've sent for fixing the echo in qtopia-x11 does its
work for me; I'm using my FR as daily phone since the day it went in my
hands (so July 27th) and now it works well as a telephone also if it has
to be improved.
At the beginning I had to use qtopia, but since August I'm with Om2008
and I can get from it all that a Linux-based phone could give me...

So I'm happy with it also if I'm working hard in it and I'm waiting the
work of the other Openmoko (Inc and community) guys...

Treviño's World - Life and Linux