Buzzing (was :The forbidden topic: Glamo OpenGL)

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at
Sat Nov 15 07:32:59 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Angus Ainslie <angus.ainslie at>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Jacob Peterson <jacobp at>wrote:
>> I know the buzzing issue had quite a bit of attention from the Openmoko
>> team, judging from watching the traffic on the Hardware and Kernel mailing
>> lists.  So I don't think they have given up on that, but it doesn't seem
>> like there is any set solution for current devices, only anecdotal reports
>> of alsa volume tweaks.
> Anecdotally I can also report that with a little soldering you can get rid
> of the buzz. It is not for the faint of heart and is detailed in this
> thread:
> I understand from the posts flying around they have found the cause for
buzzing, especially when using a headset, and a fix for that.  I believe OM
should quickly demonstrate their commitment to their committed customers by
recalling the handsets and fixing the hardware (including the GPS/SD card
fix) immediately under warranty.