Calling interested Glamo OpenGL developers (was: The forbidden topic: Glamo OpenGL)

Jacob Peterson jacobp at
Sun Nov 16 21:52:12 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Aliner <linermedia at> wrote:

> You can count me in. I have experience doing kernel development. Since the
> documentation is not available, I saw a couple of pointers on how to start
> on the nouveau project. They have an excellent section on tools and
> documentation. http://nouveau.freedesktoplorg/wiki.
> I have some questions, the glamo chip contains 3d support, what version of
> OpenGL (or OpenGL ES) is implemented?
> Are we still going to keep Xglamo (kdrive) or are we goint to use
> server? (this question arised after Rastermans e-mail)
> Are we going to support full OpenGL or OpenGL ES on the implementation?
> Or is it going to be a OpenGL driver and a OpenGL ES driver?
> Thank you

Those are some good questions.  From what I understand the Glamo is
fixed-function and supports OpenGL ES 1.1.  As far as changing Xglamo to be
based on X over kdrive, I think to start, it would be best to leave Xglamo
the way it is and just add-in OpenGL ES support, but if there were people
dedicated to getting X support I would vote for it.