Buzzing (was :The forbidden topic: Glamo OpenGL)

Gothnet openmoko at
Mon Nov 17 19:20:36 CET 2008

Iain B. Findleton wrote:
> the main issue with optimization efforts is whether they can proceed
> faster than the
> introduction of better hardware. If a 400 Mhz machine is "too slow",
> will a 1 Ghz machine be fast enough? Will anything be fast enough?
> Apparently, from the history of desktops, the answer is no!

Having seen the way the device responds under android compared to the way it
responds under OM2008, I'd say they have a way to go on current hardware. I
guess I'll try OM2008.11 at some point and see if that's caught up.