[Om2008.9] gsmspeakerout.state

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Nov 19 14:14:03 CET 2008

El día Tuesday, November 18, 2008 a las 06:48:23PM +0000, photonmedia at gmail.com escribió:

> I'm not entirely sure this helps, but I just noticed with SHR release, the speakerphone works! Maybe you could use the configuration from there?
> James

After more tests (and thanks to some private mails with explanations) I
have the puzzle now together and nearly all is there in Om2008.9 to use
the speakerout too;

one don't need extending the desktop to launch 'alsactl -f
gsmspeakerout.state restore'; when you're in a call there is a small
menue on the left buttom side called 'Options' which let you switch
between 'handset' and 'speakerout';

I did some small changes in the file /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmspeakerout.state
to remove the echo the called party has of his/her own voice, here are
the changes in its context:

        control.5 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 1
                comment.range '0 - 127'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Mono Playback Volume'
                value 104 <******* was 103, but 105 gives echo again

        control.48 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 1
                comment.range '0 - 3'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Mic2 Capture Volume'
                value 1 <******* was 0, 2-3 gives echo again

        control.63 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type ENUMERATED
                comment.count 1
                comment.item.0 'Left PGA'
                comment.item.1 'Mic 1'
                comment.item.2 'Mic 2'
                comment.item.3 'Right PGA'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Mic Sidetone Mux'
                value 'Left PGA' <****** was 'Mic 2' and causing echo

With the above changes I'ld call 'speakerout' not optimal, but at least
Maybe someone who is using SHR could send me the mentioned file to give
it a test or compare it; thanks in advance

Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH
Gruenwalder Weg 28g - 82041 Oberhaching - Germany
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211
e <matthias.apitz at oclc.org> - w http://www.oclc.org/ http://www.UnixArea.de/
b http://gurucubano.blogspot.com/
Q: What's the difference between an iphone and a freerunner?
A: One works but takes away your freedom, the other is free but needs your work.