Illume dictionary for Dutch (Nederlands)

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Nov 20 08:58:33 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 03:02:41AM +0100, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" wrote:
> Pander wrote:
> > Of course this particular word list is very long and contains about
> > 250,000 words and has a typical loooong tail. Many words or compositions
> > or occur seldom in average day use.
> >
> > What would be a good cut off point in number of words, also in terms of
> > performance?
> >
> > The Portuguese list contains 56,609 words. Is this workable? How many
> > does the English contain?
>
> The Italian one can count also 500'000 words (to be short), but I can
> get a well working dictionary only using a smaller one (with about
> 150'000 words that I've taken counting its google popularity).
>
> Btw I've written more complete posts about this on the list...

Well, since my basis was based on a million words taken from the most
printed daily newspaper in Portugal (I didn't count but still I removed
a lot of non words like numbers, etc...) already with frequency data, my
job was so much easier... :)

As for writing SMS/text messages... I haven't found yet a word that
wasn't there (in fact my problem is that it so often is the first of
several matches so I have to use the menu on the left) but I must
confess to not be one of those whose primary use of the phone is
SMS/text!

Rui

--
Frink!
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 32nd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?