Minty Boost && FreeRunner

Matthias Apitz guru at
Thu Nov 20 13:23:26 CET 2008

El día Monday, September 29, 2008 a las 10:17:49AM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> El día Monday, September 22, 2008 a las 11:17:58PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:
> >
> > Hello Stacy,
> >
> > I've stumbled over your page
> > and as an owner of the FreeRunner I will build this nice box; thanks for
> > your pioneer work on this; ...
> It seems that here in Germany they don't sell this type of Chewing Gum
> boxes, the boxes here have other length and width, bigger in width but
> maybe shorter in length; could someone mail me please the values of
> length and width in millimeter of the original box to see if the batteries
> will fit;

A colleague of me was kind enough to build that MintyBoost for me. And
it is working fine. I'm attaching a screen shoot of it using
''; some questions remain:

- sometimes you can hear in the MintyBoost box (not in the FR) some kind
  of buzzing, is this normal?

- sometimes the chip and the electromagnetic coil get very hot,
  sometimes only warm, anything to worry about?

- if the FR battery gets charged by the MintyBoost, the MintyBoost at
  the same time has also to provide the energy for the running FR, correct?

Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH
Gruenwalder Weg 28g - 82041 Oberhaching - Germany
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211
e <matthias.apitz at> - w
Q: What's the difference between an iphone and a freerunner?