I/O problems with SD card

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Sun Nov 23 22:32:16 CET 2008

| From: "arne anka" <openmoko at ginguppin.de>
|>> like writing past memory available, I guess it's because broken
|>> environment.
|> hardly. i'd rather think you try to flash the wrong partition.
|> what exactly did you do and what exactly did dfu-util or the fr report?
|    I already flashed Freerunner several times before with
| dfu-util -a u-boot -R -D uImage-XXXXXX.bin

Hum the -a "u-boot" or -a 1 tells it to put stuff in the U-Boot
partition, it's the wrong one: uImage-blah.bin is a kernel image.
To flash the kernel, you need to tell it -a "kernel" or -a 3.

To fix it you need to put a U-Boot image into the u-boot partition again.

|    and many other lines related to it, so I'm sure I'm bricked. DFU
| functionality disappeared right after I tried to take a snapshot of
| u-boot environment with
| dfu-util -a u-boot_env -R -U env.bin

Why do you think it's bricked?  The NOR menu comes up OK on LCM, right?

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)