I/O problems with SD card

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Sun Nov 23 23:02:01 CET 2008

| 2008/11/24 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>:
|> | dfu-util -a u-boot -R -D uImage-XXXXXX.bin
|> Hum the -a "u-boot" or -a 1 tells it to put stuff in the U-Boot
|> partition, it's the wrong one: uImage-blah.bin is a kernel image.
|> To flash the kernel, you need to tell it -a "kernel" or -a 3.
|    Ah yes, missed that, I write it by memory.
|> To fix it you need to put a U-Boot image into the u-boot partition again.
|> Why do you think it's bricked?  The NOR menu comes up OK on LCM, right?
|    DFU is absent, dfu-util -l finds no suitable device to work with,
| maybe because I damaged it when I changed environment in minicom
| console or I uploaded wrong image onto that. AUX+POW on the phone,
| menu appears, dfu-util -l on desktop, and no DFU device found.
|    I know no other way of flashing new u-boot image without DFU
| protocol working, except Debug board which I haven't.

I'm not sure what's happening to you, but your dmesg traffic would be
pretty normal if you were entering and then leaving U-Boot... the
connection would indeed timeout (-110) when we leave U-Boot and load the
kernel / crash or whatever.

If you hold down the AUX / corner key when you power up, you should come
up in NOR U-Boot with a menu on the LCM.  If that's true, you should
have 30s to do the DFU you want to do before it times out.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)