[OT]Software patents end? ??:) light at the end of tunnel

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Tue Nov 25 00:42:34 CET 2008

Dear all,
Is a little bit offtopic but due recent mp2/mp3 fight against pirat...
sorry Sysvel, maybe is interesting to spread this little bit of hope
to the Openmoko community
Trough a local FOSS-friendly news site[1] I read there is a 180
degrees in Software pattent policy in US pattent office , it can
invalidate almost ALL Software patents aviable. Yes, seems a Fools day
joke but Slashdot also has articles about this here[2] and here[3].

I'm very excited, but is too late night for a  in depth read of legal
"mambo jambo" , may be someone with more legal skills can assure that
is so awesome as it seems

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
Open ultraportable solutions
Openmoko, Openpandora, GP2X the Wiz, Letux 400