unison on fso syncing files

Marc Bantle openmoko at rcie.de
Tue Nov 25 16:41:27 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

this might be useful for some of you:

I just ran unison file synchronizer to synchronize between
neo an my desktop pc and it worked like a charm.

I took the binary from the debian package
unison_2.27.57-1+b1_armel an put it into /usr/bin of an
fso M4 rootfs. What really surprised me: No fiddeling
with libraries, it just worked :-)

I added a wiki page, for those interested [1].

May be someone can setup an oe recipe for unison so it's
available as an opkg file. This might be a bit of a challenge
though, because unison is written in ocaml. Also I stumbled
over [2] which suggests, that somebody already tried.

Cheers,
Marc

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Unison
[2] http://git.openmoko.org/git/openmoko.git/packages/nonworking/unison/