taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 21:02:45 CET 2008
While waiting for the Christmas puddings to cook this afternoon, I've
been making a few updates to OpenMooCow. You can get version 0.2 from
the same place as before:
Changes since version 0.1 are:
- Moos when tilted either up or down (not just after tilting both ways
like before). This seems to be what people expect, even though it's not
quite what I remember genuine mooboxes doing.
- The packaging has been fixed to depend on the things it needs.
- You can now press the cow to make her moo.
- Mooing still occurs even if the graphics can't be shown. Run the
following on a terminal and your Freerunner will be mooing until the
next reboot: $ nohup openmoocow &
And some improvements "under the hood":
- It should behave a little better if the accelerometers are "sticky".
- Code simplified and altered to make it easier to add support for
other types of accelerometer.
OpenMooCow won't alter your accelerometer parameters in any way,
so you might have a configuration which it doesn't like. In particular,
the threshold setting can cause problems. If this happens to you, try
this: # echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/lis302dl.2/threshold
Comments or abuse to this address as ever,
More information about the community