OpenMooCow 0.2

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Thu Nov 27 23:47:19 CET 2008

Hi Thomas,

Am Donnerstag, den 27.11.2008, 22:09 +0000 schrieb Thomas White:
> > It now moos when tilting your laptop 90° away from to or towards you
> > (and again when you tilt it upright, due to the latest change).
> Hmmm...mooing when tilted either way makes more sense for something
> like a phone than for a laptop.  If you decide this doesn't feel
> right, feel free to revert this when using the Thinkpad "driver" (not
> that you need any permission for that, of course).  When you're happy
> with the Thinkpad support, could you send me a patch to for the next
> version?  (If a new version is ever necessary...).

I took this as an encouragement to hack slightly on your code, so I did
a slightly larger modification. The diff is here:;a=commitdiff;h=6c2116a1df2bb5ff54754f87fc8eb216fe355dd2

And the patch comment is
“Slight refactorization: The decision, whether a moo should happen, is
moved to the driver-specific code (because it knows best what kind of
device to expect). A member “state” is added to the accel struct which
can be used to implement a state machine inside the driver (as was done
before with pos).”

One could probably change the -1000 and 1000 values in the freerunner
driver now to 0 and 1, to indicate the two states (upside down or not),
but I didn’t want to be too intrusive :-)

I have attached the complete diff against your release.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |