[Debian -FSO -GPS] No Fix

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Nov 29 18:10:45 CET 2008

Am Sa  29. November 2008 schrieb arne anka:
> > Either the GPS knows where to look for the sats (due to accurate data
> > being supplied by AGPS)
>
> true, o pharao -- but afair the issue was, that no fix at all was obtained.
> and if that is caused by whatever feeds the ublox with agps data, the
> feeding routine has to be more tolerant, ie issue a fallback to scanning
> instead of solely relying on agps.

AGPS is *not* disabling normal non-"A" operation of GPS (means there is no
need for a paricular fallback scheme - GPS starts and operates
in "fallback-mode" all the time, "A" just updates a few variables more
quickly than the GPS-chip would do anyway, so the chip finds his
channels/sats/fix. Even if we would write completely bogus info to the chip,
it wouldn't be worse off than without AGPS and starting on default values.
btw: It seems to me as if 3 minutes difference in time shouldn't make any
trouble.

cheers
jOERG