Audio format

Pander pander at
Sun Nov 30 16:10:27 CET 2008

What would be a convenient place to store ringtones in such a way that
selecting a new one can be done from the same directory as the default
ringtones without changing to exotic paths?

I'm looking for a 'home' for ringtones, notifications, etc. and for
alternative places where they could be expected and link from there to
the ringtone home.

For example, store the ringtones somewhere here:

And from here links (in FDOM) to the new ringtones so that in this case
linphone can also access them

/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/custom.ogg ->

Who can give some advice in this matter?