Charging a Neo battery in a Nokia charger or phone

Andy Green andy at
Wed Oct 1 00:11:00 CEST 2008

|> Thanks for this helpfully complete characterization.
| Since you found it illuminating, I'll add it to the wiki
|> Do you happen to know if a Nokia battery (such as the BL-5c) will
|> charge in the FreeRunner?
| Excellent question. That's the one case I left out. I'm pretty sure it
| does, because I'm pretty sure that we do not check for battery brand.
| Any checking of battery brand would happen in software, where we can see
| it (and remove if desired).
| True, there is a chip that handles charging, but I'm pretty sure that
| battery brand is not one of the parameters we feed it. Perhaps one of
| the kernel people can confirm this.

Right, we are clueless what that battery is for charging purposes, it'll
give it a go charging it in a fairly adaptive way if the terminals line
up with the battery socket.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -