dead battery

Vince M. Clark vclark at
Wed Oct 1 01:33:48 CEST 2008

Thanks Shawn. I have tried NOR boot (holding aux button while pressing power button, then releasing aux button.) I cannot even get that far. I'm going to leave it plugged into the wall charger overnight and see what happens. In the meantime i ordered an after market Nokia battery charger. They are cheap but it looks like it may take a week or so to get it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn \"prjktdtnt\" Thompson" <mokowatch at>
To: "List for Openmoko community discussion" <community at>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:31:17 PM (GMT-0700) America/Denver
Subject: Re: dead battery

Vince M. Clark wrote:
> My battery is completely drained so I cannot boot to charge it.
> The following thread offered three possible solutions:
> Does anyone know where I can get an external charger that will work
> with the Freerunner battery?
> Vince Clark
> vclark at
> (303) 493-6723
When my battery died I plugged my phone into the OpenMoko supplied
charger, started it using NOR boot, leaving it at the boot menu until it
timed out (repeat that twice) then I was about to select boot from the
NOR menu and after a few extra seconds the phone booted.

Openmoko community mailing list
community at