dead battery

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Oct 1 02:18:04 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 09:56:00 Shawn "prjktdtnt" Thompson wrote:
> What I had meant is that I hope they find away to allow 1000mA charging
> while powered off so that you don't have to let it tricle charge for the
> entire night to power it on at only partial power. Of all the phones
> I've owned none of them had this problem and it's probably the most
> annoying problem I can think of with the OpenMoko. Lucikly for me I'm
> the type to plug in my phone daily so it isn't a problem but I could see
> it becoming one in the future when more and more people start using the
> OpenMoko products

Yes, I understand. I got the impression it was a design flaw and not something
that could be addressed,  that's all. I could be completely wrong though.
Maybe the phone can go into some kind of holding pattern when close to flat or
something, to mitigate the effect. If it's something a u-boot update can fix
then that would awesome ... but I'm not holding my breath.

Sarton